Peterborough is a tranquil English city in the eastern county of Cambridgeshire. It is 118 km north of London and has a population of just over 175,000 people. It is a historically rich city with a number of interesting historical sites, including its 12th century cathedral with the largest surviving example of a painted wooden ceiling from the Middle-Ages.
Catherine of Aragon, daughter of the Spanish King Ferdinand II, is buried in the cathedral. For this reason the cities of Peterborough and Alcalá de Henares (Catherine’s birthplace) are twinned and to this day Peterborough continues to hold an annual service commemorating the life of Catherine of Aragon and an annual festival to celebrate the life of the first wife of Henry the VIII.
It is said that Peterborough Museum is the city’s most haunted building which also has one of the best collections of marine monsters in the world. Peterborough’s Nene Park runs for 10 km along the stunning valley of the River Nene immediately west of Peterborough and includes lakes, meadows, woodlands and riversides that offer a great opportunity to take in the local scenery.
Example of a one week programme in Peterborough
This is an example of your educational programme
Day 1: Travel to the UK (flights with Ryanair/Easyjet/Jet2 airlines)
- On your arrival to the airport you will be met by a representative of Global Language School and your transfer to Peterborough will be made in a private coach or by train.
Day 2 to 4: English Tuition and Cultural and Educational Activities
- On the first day of lessons, the host families will take the students to and from school.
- Lessons can take place in the mornings (9am – 1pm) or afternoons (2pm – 6pm), depending on the availability.
- Packed Lunch – provided by the host family (includes sandwiches, crisps, fruit, water or juice)
- The activities include
- City tour of Peterborough (History, Location, Shopping);
- Visit and educational activity in the Cathedral and in the local Museum;
- Half day excursion to Stamford.
Day 5: Full day excursion to Cambridge
- Meet at the school at 8.45am. Travel by coach at 9am or train at 9.18am.
- City tour of Cambridge.
- Punting (optional activity with an extra cost).
- Return to Peterborough at 4:00pm with arrival at 5:00pm.
Day 6: Full day excursion to London
- Meet at Queensgate at 8.15am.
- Travel by train to King’s Cross with arrival at 10am.
- City tour of London with sightseeing of the main attractions.
- Included River Cruise, London Eye, and Madame Tussauds.
- Free time in Oxford Street or Camden Town and return to Peterborough at 7pm.
Day 7: Free day: (This can include one or more of the following)
- Lunch with the Host Families and Host Family Day (depending on the families availability)
- And/or: Individual free time (if previous arranged and authorized by the group leader)
- And/or: Group activities and group shopping (if previous arranged and authorized by the group leader)
Day 8: Return Home
- On the last day, the host families will take the students to school. Your transfer to the airport will be made in a private coach or by train.
Prices for Peterborough Programmes
|Season:||1 Week||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||4 Weeks|
|October – February||700€||1200€||1700€||2200€|
|March – June & September||750€||1300€||1800€||2300€|
|July & August||850€||1400€||1900€||2400€|
The price includes:
- Return flight ticket (flight are exclusively with Ryanair and Easyjet)
- One item of 10 kg hand luggage and a bag. *only when travelling with Ryanair
- Travel Insurance (valid through the staying in the UK, excludes the flights)
- Transfers to and from the airport (UK only)
- Boarding cards (we will do the check-in and we will forward the boarding cards to you by email a few days before the starting of the programme. You just have to print it)
- 24 hour assistance.
- Full board accommodation (breakfast, packed lunch and evening meal) in a host family in shared rooms*
- Course materials & Course certificate
|+ Free group leader for every 15 students|
* Additional group leaders will have 25% discount over the cost of the flights, accommodation and activities.
- 12 hours of English tuition per week (3 or 4 days per week)
- Full day trips and half day trips
Download here all the information on a PDF file: